- A minimum stay of 7 nights is required during peak season, which includes: June-October, school holiday periods, Easter & the Christmas/New Year holiday period. Outside of these times we can offer 5 night stays and may offer discounted rates – subject to availability.
- To secure your holiday booking, a payment of a 25% deposit must be paid within 7 days of the original request, along with a valid credit card form, to secure the property.
- Please note that receipt of the deposit denotes acceptance of our Terms and Conditions.
- Full payment is required 30 days prior to arrival.
- Payments can be made by Visa, MasterCard, Cheque or Direct Bank Deposit Transfer.
- A merchant fee of 1.6% is charge for all credit card payments.
- All monies are held in a fully audited Trust Account.
- Cancellations in writing by either party, 90 days prior to the commencement of the booking will be refunded in full. (credit card fees are non-refundable)
- Changing to another property or changing dates is not available.
- For cancellations less than 90 days prior to the commencement of the booking, the deposit will be forfeited unless the property can be relet for the entire period. If successfully relet, an administration fee of $100 will apply.
- For cancellations made less than 30 days prior to the commencement of the booking, no refund will be available.
- We highly recommend travel protection insurance with a reputable insurance company to cater for any unforeseen circumstances such as, accident or ill health.
- In the instance of natural disasters, no refund will be provided should you elect to cancel your stay.
- To affect a refund, cancellations must be in writing.
- The premises are available from 2pm on the day of your arrival and are to be vacated by 10am on the day of your departure. Whilst every effort will be made to accommodate early arrivals and late departures, the only way to absolutely guarantee early check-in or late check-out is to book an extra day. On departure, the property should be vacated on time and secured.
- You will be supplied with 2 house keys for your property + remotes where needed on arrival. On departure these keys must be left in the bowl provided on the property. A replacement charge of $50 for keys and $100 for the remote will be charged.
- The premises are rented for holiday purposes only for the period stated on confirmation statement.
- Our properties are fully self-contained and include linen, bath & beach towels, full laundry facilities, hairdryer & BBQ
- Baby Equipment & Rollaway beds can be arranged at an additional charge. These items must be pre-arranged at least 48 hours prior to arrival.
- PARTIES & FUNCTIONS ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THE PREMISES & STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
- The number of people occupying the premises is not to exceed the number of people that beds are provided for.
- Due to local health regulations and our agreement with our owners, pets are not allowed into holiday rental accommodation.
- We are happy to arrange a complimentary midweek service for all bookings of 10 nights and over, which will be done at 9.00am, unless otherwise notified. Extra services are available on request and will incur a service charge, which will be charged to your account.
- Please be aware that climatic conditions, such as cool evenings may affect the pool heaters ability to reach optimum temperature. Where properties are advertised with a heated pool, to the best of our abilities we will ensure that the pool is approximately 26 degrees Celsius (with daytime operation)
- Show consideration for your neighbours and maintain noise to a reasonable level – in particular, between 10pm and 8am.
- PARTIES & FUNCTIONS ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THE PREMISES. Excessive noise is prohibited and may result in eviction without refund.
- Dispose of garbage and recycling in accordance with usual practice at the property and in the allocated bins.
- Ensure that the property is secure and locked at all times, when not in house.
- Smoking is not permitted in our properties
- Be responsible for your visitors.
- Whilst every effort is made to have everything in full working order for your stay, unforeseen issues can sometimes arise, such as air-conditioners breaking down or appliances becoming faulty. Please notify Port Douglas Getaways of any faults as soon as practicable so faults can be resolved as quickly and efficiently, as possible. As we do not live in a metro area, it can sometimes be difficult getting a tradesperson to attend immediately or on a weekend. Your patience is appreciated. Should a maintenance issue arise during your stay, we will endeavour to contact you by mobile or home telephone for access.
- For reasons of safety, we reserve the right to enter the property to repair any fault.
- Unless a situation is dangerous, no refund will be given for unforeseen faults.
- Breakages and/or damage not caused by normal wear and tear will be billed to your account upon departure. Please note that it is not our intention to charge for the replacement of a broken glass.
- Please do not use skin/hair products that bleach or stain linen. If you have stained laundry, please let us know as with the appropriate knowledge we may be able to treat linen to remove stains.
- Port Douglas Getaways, nor the owner accepts responsibility for any personal items left on the premises during or after departure.
TELEPHONE & INTERNET
- Not all properties have telephone or internet available – Please check with our office prior to booking.
- If connected the phone may be used during your stay. Local calls apply to Port Douglas & Mossman area only, which are free. Please note STD charges apply when calling Cairns. We highly recommend using a phone card for all your STD and IDD calls. An administration charge of $20 applies and call costs will be charged to your credit card. A delay in billing your card may occur due to call costs not being available before you leave. Itemised tax invoices are available on request. Please note if using your Big Pond account, the closest server is located in Cairns, which will incur STD
- Where a property does have Wi-Fi available, there is a download limit on the connection. We do ask that large files such as music or video are not downloaded. Additional charges may apply for excess usage.
- We appreciate that the property will be returned to us in the condition as presented on arrival. Additional cleaning charges will apply, if the property is not left in a clean, tidy and reasonable condition.
- Rates are subject to change without notice.
- Property descriptions are made in good faith. No responsibility can be taken for alleged misrepresentation.
- We endeavour to keep our website updated at all times. Port Douglas Getaways does not accept liability for changes made due to renovations, alterations and refurbishment of individual properties.